Sunday, February 3, 2008

An update

It's been a busy and stressfull week at the Peterson house. After Jake's short hospital visit, my mom came up to help out a bit. It was great having her around, and it ended way to soon. She left Friday morning to go home for work. Kaleigh had to have an upper GI test done to help determine the cause of her projectile vomiting, which causes her to choke and then turn blue. This has been getting more and more frequent, so it was decided that it should be done Friday afternoon. Then her Pulmonologist got wind of what was going on, and said he wanted her seen in the ER afterward to test her for RSV. A friend thankfully took both boys so I didn't have to drag them all the way to Mpls Children' s Hospital. Her upper GI didn't show anything, but her RSV test was positive. That BITES!! She's even on a vaccine monthly to help prevent it (around $1300/mo) but still managed to catch it. So they decided to admit her, even though at the time she wasn't showing any symptoms. So long story short, I got home from the hospital around 11pm, tried to tidy up a little, crawled into bed and was up at 5am to head back down to the hospital Saturday morning. I couldn't convince them to discharge her, so she stayed, and I headed home to prep for another child who was coming to stay with us for a few days. She's been here before, and is a lot of fun. But she has a lot of equipment, and takes up the whole bedroom, plus she has 24/7 nursing. She arrived, and we got her all settled in and I passed out from exhaustion! That night Jake was up having coughing fits numerous times, and needed two nebs in the middle of the night-and then thought he should be up for the day at 6:30. So after a pot of coffee, and dozens of phone calls to the hospital to convince them I really am Kaleigh's foster mom, and they can send her home with me....I left to pick her up. By the time I got home the superbowl was well under way, and I had a house full! This time it was fun stress though.
Jake's hopefully going to have a better night, Ryan's finally asleep, and Kaleigh has stopped coughing and fell asleep too. So, I'm about to go give Jake his nebs again, and then I'll head off to bed!

No comments: