Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Bubba!



How do you explain to a 4 year old who has been counting down the days ALL MONTH, that he can't have anybody over for a birthday party right now, because we're sick. He was very confused and concerned all day about when he would see his friends, and family (ok, and get presents) for a "party for my birthday, cuz I'm 4 now". We did our best to have a small celebration, he loves to picnic in the living room for special treats, so that's what he wanted to do. Then we let him have his presents early (well, not really, but they were supposed to wait for the party) and I did my best to make a cake. It's no where near the craftsmanship of Kendall's, but considering it was my first time.....who am I kidding, it was super easy and I still botched it up. But overall, I think he understood that his day will come, he just has to cross a few more off on the calendar.

No comments: