Thursday, June 5, 2008

Stung again



Last fall, Ryan got stung on his finger by a wasp while getting into his carseat. Luckily he didn't seem to have much of an adverse reaction. I watched his breathing, gave him some Benadryl, and called the pediatrician who said not to worry unless his breathing changes. Well, the poor guy got stung AGAIN today, on his finger while loading up to come home from the Dr's office. At first I couldn't figure out what happened, he was crying so loud and hard. Then he finally calmed down and said the "bug hurt me". I immediately thought of a bee/wasp, looked around the van and sure enough there was a big old wasp in the front of the van. His finger swelled, and I gave him some Benadryl and lots of kisses. Thankfully he doesn't seem to be allergic (can you be to wasps?). He's now sleeping peacefully (thanks to the Benadryl no doubt) and hopefully will have forgotten about it when he gets up from his nap.

No comments: