Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

This picture doesn't do it justice! I have 7 strands of lights on it.
The kid's decorating.

More kid's decorating.
This year, I wanted a real tree. I haven't had one since I lived at home more than a decade ago. (Gosh I'm getting old) Anyway, Menards had them on sale for cheap, and I thought this would be the year to do it. Next year we'll have another crawler, and have to worry about small decorations etc. So we went and got our tree, brought it in the house, and let the branches fall. When I was putting on the lights, I discovered an empty bird's nest. Somehow, that made me as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas morning. Then the kids helped me decorate it, then while they napped, I redecorated it....to kind of "even it out a little". Can I just say, that while I thought I was in the Christmas spirit before, I'm even more so now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're getting old? I'm turning 30 on December 22nd - eek! Tree looks nice. I wanted a real one, but we settled for our boring 'ol fake one. Maybe next year!