Monday, December 10, 2007

New addition

A while back, Joel and I decided we would like to become Foster parents. Soon after, we realized the high need for medical fosters- a home where kids can go if they are higher need, or have some medical issue whether it is long or short term. We've been waiting for the call for placement for a few months, and it finally happened. I got a call late Friday afternoon asking us to please take a preemie baby home from the NICU. She is now 2.5 months old and weighs just under 5lbs! She has a good demeanor-she mostly just sleeps. I would love to share pictures, but for legal reasons I can't, so you'll just have to trust me when I say she's a cute little peanut. We look forward to helping her grow strong enough to go home. But for now, it's fun to have some pink baby clothes in the laundry for a change.

1 comment:

Duskwind Farm said...

Oh, Abby that is so great for your family. Ilana and I will have to make a trip to see her- I guess that means you won't be coming here this week!