Friday, January 11, 2008

A New Cousin/Nephew

Today we welcomed baby Braeden Robert Heins into the family. He joined us after a grueling overnight labor, hours of unsuccessful pushing, and finally a c-section. He was determined to make his appearance his own way, and he won!! He weighs in at 7lb 4 oz and is roughly 21" long. We didn't get an exact time of arrival yet. Mom and dad are both doing great, although they are understandably exhausted. Braeden has brown hair and his mommy's big eyes. We are so lucky to have him in our family, and can't wait to get to know him better. I'll put some pictures on when I get them. It was such a long day, that when I finally got to meet him I didn't have my camera on me!! We plan to go to the hospital as a family and visit tomorrow or the next day. Congratulations Dan and Sarah, you'll be wonderful parents!!

No comments: