Wednesday, November 12, 2008

For those who might be confused...let me clarify!

I was talking on the phone to a friend tonight, one whom I haven't spoken with in quite a while. I came to the realization, that while Joel and I had voiced our intentions to our families, the social workers, and her parents, we never officially announced to the world (okay, my small group of readers) our intentions for Miss Jazmin. Joel and I intend to adopt Jazmin and raise her as one of our own. We have know for a long time how well she fit in with our family, and felt like she always belonged. The very first time she came to stay with us, even though we knew it would only be 2 weeks, it just felt right. Every time we had to say goodbye, it hurt, and the days were counted down til her next visit. Joel and I love Jazmin very much and can't wait to make her legally part of our family. The boys adjusted quickly to her permanent change of address. Ryan was a little skittish at first, but today he said something that made my heart flutter, and realize he too loves her. I was closing a kitchen drawer, and Jazmin got her fingers in it. I quickly pulled them out, but as I did it, she lost her balance and landed on her butt. Ryan looked at me and said "momma did you hurt my sister?" "is my sister okay?". I think it's safe to say that he's on board with our plans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's fabulous. Every child deserves parents that love them and Jazmin is a lucky girl!