Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter and Dermann



This year, Joel's birthday fell on Easter. We decided to stay home and host whomever wanted to show up and celebrate. It was a smaller crowd, only about a dozen of us, but it was cozy and the food was good (even if I do say so myself). The kids had fun with an Easter egg hunt, and then found the baskets that Dermann left for them. Who's Dermann you might ask? Well that's the Easter bunny's name. A few weeks ago Auntie Kendall was up for a visit, while we were putting the kids to bed, the subject of Easter came up. Kendall asked what the bunny's name was, and after a few false attempts, Ryan decided it was Dermann. The name wasn't mentioned after that for weeks, but as we got closer to Easter, I was telling the kids that there would be eggs to find, and baskets of goodies left by the bunny. Ryan said "oh, Dermann?" I think I can safely say that nothing that comes out of my mouth is safe from possible repetition anymore.

No comments: