Monday, April 13, 2009

Our trip out of town

Taken at the gas station from my rear-view mirror.

Looking out at Pound dog and Todd. Playing in the fort Nana made.
Jazmin loved the fort, she sat in it for over an hour!

Totally knocked out from playing so hard.

A few weeks ago, I headed out of town with the kids. First we went to Lake Crystal for a farewell party for our dear friend Efraim who will be deploying to Afghanistan for 400+ days in the near future. We wish him safety, healthy, and a speedy return to his family. From there, Joel headed home to demolish and then renovate our entryway, while I headed to Kendall's with the kids for a few days. We finally busted out the portable DVD player since I knew it was a lot of driving, and I would be doing it by myself. The kids were ANGELS!!! (side note~now Ryan asks me "mom are we going that far?" cuz I told him why we don't use it all the time; cuz we're not going that far) We spent the first few days at Kennie and Bobby's playing with Maggie, driving in the big blue semi, racing and chasing with Pound-dog, etc.
After a couple days, it was off to Nana and Papa's house. Here the kids played at the park, "helped" Nana at her Subway, raced and chased with Oscar (at a much slower pace) and just had another great time. Nana made a fort and they played in it for well over an hour, probably closer to two hours. That's saying something, cuz the forts I make last like 10 minutes before they tear them down and want a new one.
Then it was off to our house, to see the damage, err progress Joel made while we were away.

No comments: