Friday, April 24, 2009

First Official False Alarm

Last night we decided to take the boat out for the first time. So we loaded up the kids, headed to Big Lake, and launched the boat. This is when #1 I started having some really good contractions, and #2 the boat had some prop issues (or something like that). Since we had all three kids, we decided to trailer the boat and head home instead of getting stranded out on the lake. My contractions continued to get stronger and closer together. After about 45 minutes, I decided to make some phone calls-have to get the kids taken care of....so while Joel fed them supper, I packed my bag, the baby's bag, got all the kids' pj's and Jaz's equipment ready to go. We tossed them in the tub, and still my contractions continued to get stronger, and definitely timeable. Once the kids were in bed....that's it. End of story, they started spacing out, getting less intense, and I said "I quit" and went to bed. This has been going on-well off and on for almost two weeks already. I didn't have this with the last two. I've had Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) all 3 pregnancies, and I KNOW the difference. My OB said this happens a lot with repeat pregnancies-the body gets ready for weeks ahead of time. It's bad enough playing the waiting game at the end of your pregnancy, but to have this, and to feel like such a fool for putting everybody on alert...the 3rd time around-well let's just say I'll be a lot more sure before I make phone calls next time it happens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you never know! Better to be safe :) Maybe that means you're having a girl ;)

Unknown said...

See...I KNEW you'd have a girl :) CONGRATS - so very happy for all of you. Can't wait to meet little Cecilia!