Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Big Announcement

Jazmin is finally coming back to our home for good. I'm not going to go into the details of what has transpired over the last few months. It's a long story, and I'm not ready to share it. But we have decided we want Jazmin in our lives and after a meeting with social workers, birth parents, and various other parties involved, the decision to move her here permanently has been made. She'll move here on Aug 11th, which seems like a lifetime away. I haven't been able to see Jaz since her 2nd birthday, which was over 2months ago. I can't even begin to fathom how much has changed since then. It's hard to believe this little girl I started caring for as a nurse over a year ago, has wiggled her way right into my heart. I never thought I could love a child as much as I do my own biological kids, but I do. Somehow it just feels right when she's here, and there is this void when she's not. We can't wait for the day she comes home and joins our family for good.

No comments: