Thursday, August 14, 2008

Poor me....



While out packing the camper, I had Duke off leash and with me. He loves to go camping and doesn't know yet that he's not joining us this time. Anyway, I thought I was pretty interesting to watch....that is until a stray cat wandered through our yard. Duke took off like a bat outa he** and chased the cat right up a neighbors tree. I wandered over to get him (without a leash) and when I grabbed his collar to walk him home, he did a great imitation of a flopping crappy. Unfortunately, my hand/wrist were still in his collar when he performed this new trick. Eventually I got him home, and put some ice on my already swelling wrist. Long story short, it's not a fracture like they thought at first, it's actually traumatic tendinitis, combined with ulnar nerve compression. Sounds serious...it's actually just a sore wrist. I've got a brace to wear, and I put ice on it when I can. But I thought maybe a little pity party for me might help the healing speed itself along.


No comments: