Monday, May 19, 2008

Box Elder Bugs





For some reason, we seem to get inundated with box elders every year. For a while, I thought they were really gross, and was so embarrassed when people would see them at my house. Then-reality check-every person I apologized to about them said they had the same problem. After a while, I came to realize that box elders are harmless, although annoying. You just can't get rid of them! Now I can pick them up with my fingers and not get grossed out. Well this evening, Ryan's friend Colt came over to play, and they found a box elder bug on the kitchen floor. Immediately all the boys were fascinated by it. For a few moments, I was afraid Jake was going to eat it. Instead he played with it so much he killed it, and I put it down the drain. 1 down 99,999,999 more to go!

No comments: