Monday, May 26, 2008

A little bit of weather








I'm sure most of you saw on the news, or witnessed first hand the weather we got hit with yesterday. It was a bit overcast, and very humid, but not a miserable day. The boys and I were hanging out, Joel and his dad were working on the boat. After a while we realized Duchess had slipped under the fence and disappeared AGAIN. The boys and I started walking through the backyards looking for her. After a while, we found her "visiting" a neighbor who was nice enough to hold on to her until I could get there. On the way back to our house, I heard the tornado whistle-which we can't usually due to our location. So I grabbed the boys, and made a bee-line for the house. It started to get really nasty, and we threw the idea of hail around. Not believing it would really happen, we still decided to pull Bryce's brand new truck into the garage, and watched as golf ball sized hail started to come down only seconds later. Amazed at the size, we got side tracked and stood in the garage watching it come down. It started to slow down, and someone...who shall remain nameless...(Bryce) said "well, looks like we're past it". About 3 minutes later we started to see racquetball sized hail pelting our house, 3 vehicles, camper, etc. The wind picked up and we decided to get inside. That's when I realized every window in my house was open, and the front door was propped open. There was rain, hail, and leaves over 7 feet into my living room. I got hit hard 2x while trying to get the screen door shut. The kitchen was a lake, and both dogs and all 3 kids were not happy campers! Finally, it stopped, and then the pea sized hail came. Eventually it all blew over, and we were able to assess some of the damage. These pictures don't do it justice. They were taken a while after, and the hail had started to melt. But yes, that' s a broken window in the front of the house. The hail by the car was quite large and landed and bounded and was in the middle of my living room-but don't get too excited, it's just a puzzle piece. Thankfully, we are all safe and sound-our vehicles and camper and house all need some major repairs though.

No comments: